What's On @ The Star in May 2019
The Star Gold Coast has a packed calendar of thrilling dining and entertainment experiences on offer this month, including Mother’s Day events and a range of exclusive seafood dishes available as part of Australia’s largest seafood festival this Autumn – Seafood Freshtival.
Introducing ‘Freshtival’ – A Season of Spectacular Seafood
The Star Gold Coast has launched one of Australia’s largest seafood festivals this Autumn with a series of spectacular dishes and events available up until the end of May. You can go cray-cray for our lobster, discover spectacular specialties, splash out on our delicious delicacies or immerse yourself in our exclusive ticketed events and pop-up kitchens! ‘Freshtival’ celebrates the best the ocean has to offer. Offers available as part of Freshtival are listed below. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/freshtival.
Show mum the love this Mother’s Day
We know every mum is different, that’s why we have 5 different events on this Mother’s Day to ensure we make her special day, special. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/freshtival/mothers-day.
• Garden Kitchen & Bar: Spend Mother’s Day in the Garden with brunch from 10.30am. Enjoy the a-la-carte menu or try any of our three exclusive brunch options.
• Kiyomi: Spoil mum with a 7-course set menu at Kiyomi, with a glass of Moet & Chandon on arrival for $110 per person. Enjoy exquisite dishes including Kingfish Ceviche, Snapper Tempura and Kiyomi's mouth-watering Donatsu.
• Cucina Vivo: Treat mum to a decadent Italian feast for lunch this Mother’s Day with an inspired 3-course shared menu, a glass of Prosecco and a special gift for mum for just $70 per person.
• Imperial at The Star: Enjoy a traditional a-la-carte menu at Imperial at The Star with a glass of Domain Chandon for all mothers on arrival. Or take your taste buds on a journey with a banquet menu featuring our favourite dishes.
• Nineteen at The Star: Celebrate this Mother’s Day with a sensory overload at Nineteen at The Star. Treat mum to a glass of sparkling on arrival, before being seated to enjoy a stunning 4-course set menu, set against a backdrop of sweeping Gold Coast views.
• Harvest Buffet: Let mum indulge in a range of mouth-watering seafood, hot and cold dishes, delicious desserts and an extended brunch offering, including a live cupcake decorating station at Harvest Buffet. Available from 12.00pm – 3.00pm.
Exclusive dining events:
Experience the finest culinary delights as part of The Star Gold Coast's exclusive dining events on offer throughout May.
• Omakase at Kiyomi | Three exclusive events only, 6:30pm
Experience the ultimate Japanese degustation at the award winning Kiyomi restaurant. We invite you to take a front row seat at our sushi counter, where our chefs will be exclusively yours for the evening. They will decide what's on the menu, in a 20+ course degustation menu expertly matched with a selection of sake and wines. Don't miss out – each intimate experience is limited to just 6 seats.
dates: Thursday 30 May, Friday 31 May, Saturday 1 June - sold out. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/freshtival/events/kiyomi-omakase-experience.
• Star Grazing Food Tour | Four exclusive events only, 6:30pm
The Star Grazing Food Tour is back by popular demand this Autumn. Don't miss your chance to be a part of this unmissable foodie experience! Start with the fresh tastes of Garden Kitchen & Bar before moving on to the intense luxury of the Imperial at The Star’s Chinese cuisine. Next up comes Italian food done the Italian way at Cucina Vivo, followed by a stop at Kiyomi to savour the exceptional taste of modern Japanese cookery. Finally, a cocktail poolside at Nineteen at The Star will provide the perfect end to your dining experience. Event dates: Thursday 9 May, Thursday 16 May, Thursday 23 May, Thursday 30 May. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/freshtival/events/star-grazing.
• Sustainable Seafood Dinner at Nineteen at The Star | Thursday 16 May, 6pm arrival for a 6:30pm start
Nineteen at The Star presents a ‘Sustainable Seafood Dinner’, showcasing the very best of Australian seafood. The exclusive offering is served with the aim of educating diners about the importance of sustainability. A mystery 8-course tasting menu, served with a premium selection of wines, takes diners on a descent through the ocean with each dish representing a deeper layer. Head Chef Kelvin Andrews will talk diners through their dishes, explaining the environmental and social importance of sustainable fishing. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/freshtival/events/nineteen-at-the-star.
• The Italian Long Lunch at Cucina Vivo | Sunday 2 June, 12pm-3pm
A celebration of life lived a little slower. Linger over a leisurely lunch as we celebrate the fresh and spicy flavours of the Calabrian Coast with dishes featuring deliciously fresh, Australian seafood. This extraordinary afternoon of food includes a 3-hour drink package with a selection of wines from the South of Italy. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/freshtival/event/cucina-vivo-long-lunch.
Seafood Pop Ups
• $2 Oysters at Garden Kitchen & Bar: SHUCK. Enjoy fresh oysters until your heart’s content at Garden Kitchen & Bar. Monday – Friday, 5pm to 7pm.
• Aussie Prawn Rolls at Sports Bar: Kick back at Sports Bar with a delicious Australian Prawn Roll with sauce remoulade and salad for $12.
• Oysters and Moet & Chandon at Cherry Bar: Purchase a bottle of Moet & Chandon and receive 6 freshly shucked oysters at Cherry.
Signature ‘Freshtival’ dining offers
Kiyomi’s Crustaceans with a Twist | Until 31 May 2019
Kiyomi's chefs have crafted the most exquisite Crustacean speciality dishes, on offer throughout Freshtival, featuring the finest ingredients and flavours. Specialty dishes include:
• Seared scampi, foie gras, apple shiso leaf - $12.00 (Public Holiday price $13.80)
• Tempura Morton Bay Bug grapefruit salad, sambal aioli - $26.00 (Public Holiday price $29.90) • Tempura lobster tail, sakura matcha with a glass of Chablis - $100.00 (Public Holiday price $115)
Cucina Vivo’s Crustaceans with a Twirl | Until 31 May 2019
Gather with friends or family during the Star's Freshtival and delight in the pleasure of trying Cucina Vivo's Italian inspired Crustacean speciality dishes. These include:
• Whole Flounder – $55.00 (Public Holiday price $63.25)
Page 3 of 5
• Garlic Prawn Pizza – $25.00 (Public Holiday price $28.75)
• Herb Maltagliati Pasta with bug tail in a bisque sauce – $40.00 (Public Holiday price $46)
Imperial at The Star’s Finest Crustaceans | Until 31 May 2019
Imperial at The Star's mouth-watering Crustacean speciality dishes are not to be missed. Try their delicious dishes, including Queensland Mud Crab, this Autumn. Specialty dishes include:
• Crispy Soft Shell Crab – $28.00 (Public Holiday price $32.20)
• Queensland Mud Crab Singapore Style – Market Price
Nineteen at The Star’s Finest Crustaceans | Until 31 May 2019
From 18 April to 31 May, 2019 Nineteen at The Star will offer the following exquisite crustacean speciality dishes, a taste sensation not to be missed. Specialty dishes include:
• Rock Lobster Bolognese – $44.00 (Public Holiday price $50.60)
• Patagonian Toothfish – $56.00 (Public Holiday price $64.40)
• Prawn Roll with a glass of Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial Rose – $29.00 (Public Holiday price $33.35)
ONGOING FOOD & BEVERAGE OFFERS
Autumn Lunch at Nineteen at The Star | Friday and Saturday, 12pm to 3pm
Dine at Nineteen at The Star throughout Autumn and experience an exquisite seasonally-inspired 2-course lunch for just $55 per person. To showcase Australia’s finest Autumn produce, Nineteen at The Star’s special Autumn lunch menu offers guests the choice of three entrees and three mains, including freshly shucked oysters, Grain Fed Seared Beef Carpaccio with Tuna Sauce or Mushroom Risotto to start. Main course options include the delicious Confit Duck Leg with Sweet Potato, Jus Gras, Grilled Ocean Trout with Lemon and Olive Oil or Scotch Fillet with Caramelised Onions. For an extra $24 Nineteen at The Star’s expert sommelier will pair meals with two glasses of wine from the impressive two-story wine cellar. Bookings are essential, please contact 07 55 92 87 19 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/eat-and-drink/restaurants/nineteen-at-the-star.
Kids eat free* for dinner every Tuesday night at Harvest Buffet
Give Mum or Dad the night off cooking and come dine at the all-new Harvest Buffet, where kids under twelve eat free* for dinner every Tuesday night. The whole family can enjoy a range of fantastic dishes and beverages and then finish off the night with the incredible dessert buffet. *Terms and Conditions apply. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/eat-and-drink/restaurants/harvest-buffet/kids-free.
Sensational Shanghai at Imperial at The Star | Friday 1 March - Friday 31 May
Traditional Shanghai cuisine is a mixture of several distinctive Chinese provincial cooking methods. Known for its richness in colour, sweet flavour, and freshness of ingredients, Chef Song presents “Shanghai Style” this season at Imperial at The Star.
Friday Night Footy at Sports Bar
NRL footy season is back, and there’s no better place to take in all the live action than Sports Bar at The Star Gold Coast. Every Friday, from March 15 through to October 6, footy fans can catch all the rounds live on the mega 10 metre LED screen and enjoy Iron Jack drinks specials, prize giveaways and the chance to win $1000 cash every Friday night. For more information, visit: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/bars/sports-bar/NRL.
Sundays in the Garden | Sundays 2pm to 7pm
Wind down the weekend in style at Garden Kitchen & Bar, where lazy afternoons meet steamy nights. Think live tunes from special guest DJs on the deck, flirty banter on the lawn, frosty drinks at the bar, and tasty bites on the menu… all the ingredients for an A-grade good time.
Freshtival Champagne Lunches | Every Saturday and Sunday. Bookings are recommended for the two-hour packages, with seating times offered between 12pm and 2pm.
Champagne lunches at Garden Kitchen & Bar are the treat you deserve this weekend, with an extra special 6-course shared menu, with flowing Moet & Chandon Champagne for only $99 per person for two hours. Terms and conditions apply. You can also upgrade to Veuve Clicquot or Dom Perignon. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/restaurant-and-bars/garden-kitchen-bar/champagne-lunches.
Fall into Autumn
Enjoy 25% off, plus more*. Luxurious five-star accommodation, some of Australia’s finest restaurants, a cool selection of bars, The Star Gold Coast is the perfect Autumn escape. With a vast choice of luxury hotel rooms & suites, there’s something that’s perfect for you at The Star Gold Coast. Sale dates: Until 31 May 2019. Travel dates: Until 31 May 2019, subject to availability. *Terms and conditions apply. More information: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/hotels-and-spa/the-star-grand/accommodation-deals/gold-coast-deals.
BABOR Skinovage Facial
Inspired by the effects of the sea, the luxurious Azure Spa & Fitness will offer a unique 60-minute BABOR Skinovage Facial, complete with an Ampoule Crash featuring active Algae Vitaliser concentrate, for $180. Algae Vitaliser mimics a fresh sea breeze to offer the skin with intensive moisture while plankton algae detoxifies and protects, leaving a fresh and rejuvenated complexion.
Tim Minchin | Friday 3 and Saturday 4 May, doors open 7pm – BOTH SHOWS SOLD OUT Internationally renowned and award-winning musician, comedian, actor, writer and composer Tim Minchin is bringing his national tour back to the Gold Coast. The ‘BACK’ tour will feature ‘Old Songs, New Songs, F*** You Songs,’ hinting at a set list of material from all corners of Minchin’s eclectic – and often iconoclastic – repertoire. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/entertainment/live-concerts/tim-minchin
Tom Burlinson | Saturday 25 May, doors open 7pm
Australia’s favourite entertainer, Tom Burlinson has a brand-new show performing some of the most memorable songs from the greatest composers and lyricists of the 20th century with one of the best big band orchestras in the business. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/entertainment/live-concerts/Tom-Burlinson
In Conversation with The Sopranos | Sunday 26 May, doors open 7pm
Get the real story behind what Vanity Fair called “the greatest pop-culture masterpiece of its day” when three of The Sopranos’ most iconic cast members sit down for a chat. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/entertainment/live-concerts/The-Sopranos
Brian McKnight | Saturday 1 June, doors open 7pm
As an artist who needs no introduction, Brian McKnight has gained international and domestic recognition, earning himself a spot in contemporary music history. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/entertainment/live-concerts/Brian-McKnight
Puttin’ On The Ritz | Friday 21 June, doors open 7pm
Dig out your sequins and slip into your dancing shoes. It’s time to head back to the Golden Age of Hollywood.Back by popular demand, following the huge success of their 2017 debut Australian tour and direct from London, Puttin’ On the Ritz is coming to The Star Gold Coast. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/entertainment/live-concerts/puttin-on-the-ritz
Billy Ocean | Monday 24 June, doors open 7pm
Following his Sold out 2018 UK tour, Grammy Award winner Billy Ocean is heading our way in June.
He will be joined on stage by his super band to put on a show that will get everyone out of their seats. More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/entertainment/live-concerts/billy-ocean