Spring has sprung at The Star
Spring has sprung at The Star with a range of thrilling dining and entertainment experiences on offer, including Father’s Day specials, Mexican themed month at Harvest Buffet – and exclusive new menu items available at signature dining venues Kiyomi and Cucina Vivo.
Whatever flavour you favour, The Star is the perfect place to treat your Dad. From cool and casual to first- class and fancy, you'll make it a day to remember when you share it at The Star. • Garden Kitchen & Bar: Spend Father’s Day at Garden Kitchen & Bar and treat Dad to a delicious lunch special. Rotisserie Borrowdale porchetta, with duck fat roasted kipfler potatoes, red onion jam, salted crackling and port jus for $29 per person. Lunch available from 12pm-4pm.
• Cucina Vivo: Spoil Dad with a 500g grass fed scotch fillet with roast Darling Downs potato, roast Stanthorpe broccoli, and a side of garlic focaccia. Served with an ice cold Italian lager for $45 per person. Available lunch 12pm-3pm | Dinner 5.30pm – 9pm.
• Nineteen at The Star: Treat Dad to a relaxing and luxurious lunch this Father’s Day at Nineteen at The Star with our delectable three-course menu for $120 per person. Think prawn cocktail Américane or mushroom risotto for entrees, grilled Patagonian toothfish with burnt miso or slow roast prime rib for mains and coconut and dark chocolate pavlova for dessert. Available from 12pm.
• Harvest Buffet: Let Dad experience a wide-range of flavours this Father’s Day at Harvest Buffet with a glass of tap beer on arrival for only $50.90 per person. Then finish off with something sweet from our delicious selection of desserts, the decadent chocolate fountain and a special doughnut station.
Christmas Day dining | Wednesday 25 December
This year, let us take care of your Christmas celebrations with one of our many dining packages. Our talented team of chefs will treat you to a delicious assortment of traditional and inspired Christmas offerings to ensure a very special occasion for you and your family. More info here: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/christmas
• Garden Kitchen & Bar: Our talented team of Chefs have created a delicious Christmas menu, using only the freshest seasonal produce that is sure to create a very special occasion for you and your family. Enjoy a four-course lunch and three hour-beverage package featuring honey glazed Gitzinge ham, pan seared local prawns, Mooloolaba spanner crab salad and cherry infused pavlova.
• Cucina Vivo: This Christmas, the chefs at Cucina Vivo have created an inspired menu that draws on all the best flavours Italian culture has to offer – including chargrilled scampi, Moreton Bay bug ravioli, Milly Hill lamb saddle and Borrowdale pork.
• Harvest Buffet: Prepare your appetite for a feast with all the trimmings, because you’ll be spoilt for choice with the freshest seafood, hot and cold meats, pizza, pasta, salads, soups, desserts and
more! With a 3-hour drinks package, entertainment and visits from Santa, you won’t want to miss Christmas Day at Harvest Buffet.
• Imperial at The Star: Focusing on highlighting traditional flavours, ingredients and cooking styles from different regions of China, internationally trained Executive Chef of Asian Cuisine – Chef Song Yao Su has developed this special festive menu. Join us at Imperial at The Star this Christmas Day and share a beautiful set menu with family and friends.
• Atrium Bar: Get into the festive spirit with a Christmas buffet at Atrium Bar. Choose between a range of indulgent dishes including fresh salads, delicious seafood, mouth-watering carvery and traditional favourite desserts like Christmas Pudding and fruit mince tarts.
• Event Centre: Let us make your Christmas one to remember by celebrating with your friends and family in our beautifully themed ballroom. Indulge in a delicious buffet with all the trimmings, including gifts for the children and a special appearance from Santa.
Not So Silent Night Christmas Ball | Friday 6 and Saturday 7 December 2019
Our Not So Silent Night Christmas Ball is designed to thrill, so clear your social calendar because this is one event you don't want to miss! Your night includes a decadent buffet dinner with seafood and traditional trimmings, delicious desserts, a 4-hour beverage package and live entertainment in our spectacularly themed ballroom. Make a night of it and stay the night with us at The Star Grand! We are offering a special rate of $259 per Superior Deluxe Room per night for all guests of the Not So Silent Night. Tickets available now! More info: https://www.star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/christmas-packages/the-not- so-silent-night
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Formaggio Month at Cucina Vivo
Celebrate Formaggio Month at Cucina Vivo as our chefs serve up cheese heaven. Don't miss out on trying the maccheroni al tartufo e formaggio, served at the table in a flaming parmesan cheese wheel!
Mexican themed month at Harvest Buffet
September is Mexican themed month at Harvest Buffet, with traditional favourites including chilli con carne, pulled pork tacos, chicken fajitas and of course a nacho station. For breakfast think chilaquiles and Mexican scrambled eggs. A pastry station will feature the likes of chilli chocolate tarts, bread of the dead and classic flan. Last but certainly not least is the dessert station which includes churros and lollypops to dip in the 2- metre chocolate fountain for the ultimate indulgent snack.
Japanese and Australian themed month at Kiyomi
Experience the melt-in-the-mouth, soft, tender goodness of Australian and Japanese Wagyu as part of Japanese and Australian themed month at Kiyomi. Throughout the month of September, Kiyomi is offering an exclusive wagyu-inspired menu featuring imported and authentic wagyu from Japan that is soft in texture and rich in taste and also local Australian Stockyard wagyu complemented by the sweet aroma of local peaches and coconuts.
Rugby World Cup at Sports Bar | 20 September to 2 November 2019
Kick off Rugby World Cup the right way with a range of power offers at the Gold Coast’s most iconic Sports Bar. Menu items include a katsu chicken burger with a schooner of Heineken for $25, 1 kilogram of teriyaki or buffalo wings with a jug of Heineken for $40, or an All-Star platter and a 2.5L of Heineken for $76.
Footy Finals | AFL Grand Final Saturday 28 September, NRL Grand Final Sunday 6 October
Don't miss a minute of the action with all the live NRL & AFL games live at Sports Bar. With 10 screens to choose from (including our epic 162 x 92-inch widescreen TV). Frosty beers, cheeky vinos, spirits, snacks and exclusive footy finals menu items right here, not to mention handy UBET facilities, we've got you covered. Guest MC will also be announced closer to the grand final dates. Kick back, relax and enjoy.
Garden Kitchen & Bar – Australian Seafood Experience
From the tropical waters of Northern Queensland to the ice cold southern oceans of Tasmania, enjoy a selection of Australia’s best seafood at Garden Kitchen & Bar.
Cold Seafood Plate - $90
• Coffin Bay Pacific Oysters Natural, South Australia
• Ocean King Prawns, Queensland
• Mooloolaba Spanner Crab, Queensland
• House Smoked Salmon, Tasmania
• Citrus & Wasabi Hiramasa Kingfish, Northern New South Wales
• Moreton Bay Bugs, Queensland (4 halves)
Indulgent Seafood Experience - $150
• Inclusive of the Cold Seafood Plate plus the following
• Coffin Bay Pacific Oysters Kilpatrick, South Australia
• Kinkawooka Black Mussels, Pomodoro, South Australia
• Deepwater Flathead, Great Australian Bight
• Crispy Salmon Skin, Tasmania
• Signature Fatboy Chips
Bellini Saturdays at Nineteen at The Star
Saturday afternoons just got a whole lot more dreamy! Join us between 4pm & 7pm for our Nineteen at The Star Bellini Saturdays. Take a seat on our stunning terrace, enjoy a share platter from our famed kitchen and indulge in our three delicious flavoured Bellini’s for $69 per person.
Dine and delight at Harvest Buffet | Wednesday nights only until 27 November
With $15 off* adult dinner rates on Wednesdays at Harvest Buffet, there's never been a better time to gather, share and feast on your favourite dishes. So, get your friends and family together for a mid-week buffet that's fit for a king or queen. Kids under 12 also eat free for dinner every Tuesday night.
Spring Fling Wash away the winter blues with a sun-soaked getaway at The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast. Available from 1 September through to 30 November, enjoy 25% off accommodation at The Star Grand, including daily breakfast and a late check out. Terms and conditions apply. Rates are pre-paid and are non- refundable and non-changeable.
AZURE SPA & FITNESS CENTRE
Vitamin Rejuvenation Treatment (Full body Massage and Facial, 90 mins - $220, valued at $265)
Beat the winter blues with the ultimate total body kickstart. The warm, woody aroma of this immune-boosting body massage creates a sense of inner balance, while stem cell extracts of Champagne pear and precious argan oil strengthen and support the skin’s natural protective barrier, leaving you with velvety-soft skin from head to toe. Reverse the effects of harmful environmental influences with a nutrient-rich facial treatment, combining the benefits of a double exfoliation peel to shed your winter skin before the ultimate energy boost - our signature Multi Vitamin ampoule – an active vitamin complex supplying the skin with an immediate dose of vitamin A, E and provitamin B5. This luxurious facial restores lipids and moisture levels, the skin is supported and shines with full freshness.
A salute to Roy Orbison | September 14 | Doors open 7pm Wesley Orbison, Roy Orbison's eldest son is very proud to fully endorse and present this amazing live concert experience. Remembering his father as we relive the sound & all the magical hits of music legend Roy Orbison in this international production starring the sensational voice from downunder, John Stephan.
Guy Sebastian | September 21 | Doors open 7pm Undoubtedly one of Australia’s biggest male superstars, Guy Sebastian, is set to entertain audiences nationally on his blockbuster new tour, “Ridin’ With You”. Australia’s much loved singer, song writer and producer will take audiences on a musical journey spanning his 15 year career that has seen him rise to become one Australia’s most successful male artists.
Postmodern Jukebox | October 2 | Doors open 7pm TEG Dainty, Nice Events and David Roy Williams Entertainment are excited to announce that Postmodern Jukebox will return to The Star Gold Coast following four hugely successful tours in as many years. To usher in the upcoming Twenty-Twenties, the famed time-twisting musical collective will circumnavigate the globe on their Welcome to the Twenties 2.0 Tour.
Elvis The King is Back | October 4 | Doors open 7pm Ben Portsmouth - The World’s Number One Elvis Tribute Artist. Ben, a multi-talented musician, singer and songwriter had Elvis's DNA in his blood from an early age. His father was an avid Elvis fan and Ben grew up on a diet of Elvis songs.
George Michael Listen To Your Heart | October 19 | Doors open 7pm In a one night only event, maestro John Foreman OAM will lead a 30-piece orchestra and stellar line-up of Aussie singing stars through the life and career of the late global superstar George Michael.
Suzi Quatro | November 1 | Doors open 7pm Suzi Quatro is running hotter than ever! A new album “No Control” charting world-wide, a career documentary “Suzi Q” in the can and sold out shows around the world, now, Suzi has added 8 special Australian shows to her “pedal to the floor” year.
Andrew O’Keefe | November 2 | Doors open 7pm Johnny O'Keefe was the pioneer of rebellious Australian rock and roll, predecessor to the likes of Bon Scott, Jimmy Barnes, and Michael Hutchence that succeeded him. Often labelled as Australia's Elvis, his explosive live shows left a mark on the best of the best in global rock royalty including Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison.
Grinspoon | November 7 | Doors open 7pm Legendary Aussie rockers Grinspoon have announced their epic Chemical Hearts national tour, set to make its way around the country this October and November, supported by The Hard Aches, Gooch Palms and Bugs. The Chemical Hearts tour will be packed with hits and audience faves from the era when Grinspoon absolutely dominated the festival lineups of the day including Big Day Out, Homebake, Livid and Peaches & Cream.